What are some of the highlights of the past year?
- New Year’s with my family in DC.
- Snowpocalypse 2010 & seeing Milo enjoy all the snow.
- Becoming more confident and comfortable at work.
- A fun summer wedding in NJ for/with some great friends!
- News of TWO new baby cousins!
- Patti & the girls visit NJ and DC!!! :-)
- Not moving after only 1 year for the first time in 6 years.
- Doing a scavenger hunt of DC with friends and finding out just how walkable DC is.
- San Francisco with Leslie and visiting with Lisa & Alex.
- A very pretty fall in DC.
- Charleston weekend with Cody.
- Rally for Sanity…and how insane (but fun) it was!
What life lessons have you learned this past year?
- It’s time to face reality…I am an adult…I’m done with the denial.
- While adulthood comes with adult responsibilities…it isn’t all so scary.
- It is important to take a week off of work, and life, and get away. I come back feeling better, even if I didn’t realize there was better to feel.
- I prefer “springing forward” to “falling back” when its time to change the clocks. I never felt that way before this past year. I don’t see my opinion on that changing back until perhaps retirement (or maybe when I have kids who have to wait for the school bus in the morning).
- Its important to stand up for myself, and not just when speaking with customer service people on the phone.
- I enjoy evening walks…downtown…alone with my thoughts.
- I will be a better friend to others by being good to myself.
- I am really lucky to have an awesome and supportive group of friends (and family!). I have always known this…but this year it has been particularly evident.
What are you looking forward to in the coming year?
- Keeping up with my new blog and seeing what creativeness it awakens in me.
- Hopefully starting work on a t-shirt quilt!
- Helping out with some wedding planning…and all the side parties that come along with being part of a wedding party!
- Meeting one of my new baby cousins at Thanksgiving and Christmas…and seeing pictures of baby #2 who will be here (well, in California) VERY soon!
- A few weekend trips that are in the works.
What do you want to change about your life/yourself in the next year?
- Being responsible and start contributing to my TSP.
- Keep focused on staying on top of my budget.
- Consolidate my student loans.
- Go to more Nationals games.
- Be better about clutter in my room…try not to let papers pile up on my desk.
- Cut back on the amount of TV I record/watch.
How are you celebrating your birthday this year?
This year some friends may come over for food, cake, and games. November is a busy month for a lot of people this year, so the birthday will be low key, but I’m sure lots of fun!
Of course…I also plan on having some of my family’s traditional birthday cake!