I'm Laura and thanks for reading my little blog! I'm a young professional who moved to DC a few years ago for my first job out of graduate school! My main mutt Milo came along with me and is my best bud here around the city.
I grew up in New Jersey, went to undergrad in Baltimore, graduate school in South Carolina, and now I've landed in DC...so I've lived various parts of the east coast. On top of that I've lived/studied in Australia, have friends that have moved all over the country...and have family that has done the same. I started this blog to update family and friends from all over about the current goings on in my life.
I'd say most of my current readers probably know the basics about me...so I thought a list of fun facts about me would be good for both new readers as well as people who have known me for a long time...
Since I'm 28...here are 28 random facts about yours truly....
- I'm scared of spiders, needles, and swimming with/touching fish...they just gross me out.
- I wear my college class ring every day...and wore my high school class ring every day before that...
- I'd call myself a "comfort creature"...my favorite outfit is a t-shirt or sweatshirt with jeans.
- I studied abroad in Melbourne Australia in the spring of 2006...and Melbourne became one of my absolute favorite cities!
- I am definitely a TV addict...but my DVR and On Demand allows me to have a life not ruled by the TV schedule!
- I love board, card, or even video game nights with great friends.
- I wish I could go on the Amazing Race!
- I have attempted bungee jumping and sky diving. Sky diving was one of the best things I've ever done in my life....bungee jumping...let's just say its not as enjoyable as sky diving.
- I am probably one of the only people in the world that doesn't really like Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"...I know...I'm weird...that doesn't mean I don't know all the words.
- I have two younger sisters and our names all start with the letter L.
- My favorite soft drink is Diet Dr. Pepper.
- I love turtles and used to have a pet turtle named Tina!
- I was born and raised a Yankee fan....and yes I was a fan during the bad years prior to 1996...
- My two favorite childhood movies were Mary Poppins and Sound of Music...but I couldn't be convinced that Mary and Maria were played by the same woman (Julie Andrews) because they had "different colored hair!"
- Fall is my absolute favorite season.
- I love mint chocolate chip ice cream...but I love it even more if you top it with some peanut butter sauce and whipped cream! Yum!! (Don't knock it til you've tried it!)
- I love trying new burger joints, tapas restaurants, cupcake shops, and food trucks! Favorite burger: Good Stuff Melt at Good Stuff Eatery in Capitol Hill. Favorite Tapas: Zaytinya or La Tasca (its a tie!) Favorite Cupcake: Southern Belle (red velvet) from Red Velvet in Chinatown. Favorite Food Truck: CapMac!
- I have never had to get stitches.
- Soccer was a huge part of my life growing up. I played from 1st grade through high school...and most of the time in multiple leagues at the same time.
- I'm definitely a sprinter...not a long distance runner...Milo and I have that in common.
- I still have my wisdom teeth.
- I put on a concert when I'm alone in the car...I love to belt out and dance to my recent favorite songs...also some old favorites too....and I probably should add Disney and show tunes onto that as well.....
- Paul Simon's Graceland instantly brings me back to my childhood and dancing around the living room...so does MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This"...
- I used to do synchronized swimming.
- I really enjoy sitting down to do a good puzzle...but my back and neck are usually thrilled when I'm finally complete! (I find it hard to stop until the puzzle is done!)
- Two of my favorite shows when I was younger were Wonder Years and Full House. Oh and I used to think I was sooooo cool for watching the teenagers on Hey Dude!
- I'm a procrastinator....this "about me" page took me over a year to actually sit down and write up!
- I sometimes sub consciously respond out loud to TV commercials...